Hello everyone, I hope your week has been well. Today I have another quick baking recipe featuring raisins and walnuts.
These cookies taste so good!! Plus, they are light and airy. I feel like these would be perfect for gifting a friend or family member and even great for yourself if you want a little treat that’s not too sweet. I don’t usually bake with walnuts but they work really well in cookies because of how soft they are after being baked. Walnuts provide an essential fat that we need in the body, often known as a mood booster because they aid in the function and development of the central nervous system.
Walnuts also contain vitamin E, biotin and manganese. They can be added to most cakes, cookies and brownies or sprinkled over your porridge.
Recipe: Crushed walnut and raisin cookies (makes 8)
30g demerara sugar
1/2 tsp maple syrup or honey
90g self-raising flour
Pinch of salt
20g walnuts, crushed
2 tbsp coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 and line a tray with baking paper.
- Mix the butter and sugar together, then add the syrup, flour and salt.
- Stir in the raisins and walnuts, pour in the milk and use your hands to form a dough.
- Make a log shape with the dough and slice into 8 equal sized pieces, roll into a ball and flatten out onto the tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until just golden and leave to cool down before eating.
Check out my Instagram for more food!!
Contribute towards more great content!