Hi Everyone 🙂
If you’re on Tiktok then you’ll already be aware of the new trend called baked oats. Although baked oats have been around for a while they have recently become quite popular on TikTok as many foods. Baked oats are great for breakfast, very filling and nice when eaten warm. This recipe is great because it makes at least 4 portions so will last for many mornings throughout the week. Oats provide the body with a good source of protein and the walnuts are a great source of antioxidants and omega-3s.
Recipe: Baked oats with fruits and nuts (serves 4)
45g light brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
250ml milk/ milk alternative
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
50g walnuts, crushed
1 apple, grated
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 and line a round oven dish or round tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl mix the oats, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Whisk the egg, milk, vanilla extract and melted butter.
- Slowly pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Next add the walnuts, raisins and apple. Mix everything together and place into oven dish.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes until golden on top, leave to cool slightly before serving warm.
Check out my Instagram for more food!!
Contribute towards more content 🙂