Hello everyone, I hope your day has been well.
This recipe is definitely for the coconut lovers. A quick recipe that is easy to prepare and only takes 10-15 minutes in the oven depending on how golden you would like them to be. I also thought these would make a really nice homemade gift for friends or family members. Whilst we are still in somewhat of a lockdown and we can’t see people as freely as we would like, why not bake some cookies and post them to loved ones. The recipe makes quite a lot depending on how big/small you want them to be and they will keep for a few days in an air tight container.
These cookies are great to make with kids because the recipe is simple and a perfect treat with a cup of tea! Also, the desiccated coconut is a great source of fibre.
Recipe: Coconut cookies (makes 28)
130g caster sugar
100g desiccated coconut
170g self-raising flour
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 and line two trays with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and the sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Add the egg, mixing well. Then stir in the desiccated coconut and flour.
- Mix well to combine everything together.
- The mixture will be quite soft so use a tablespoon to scoop out small balls and place on the tray.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack before eating.
Check out my Instagram for more food!!
Contribute towards more content 🙂