Hello everyone, I hope your day has been well.
This is a great recipe where everything gets cooked together and all the flavours can marinade into one. I used a frozen piece of fish which works so well with this recipe because the fish retains a lot of moisture keeping it succulent and juicy. An oven parcel is a really versatile dish because you can pretty much add whatever type of fish or vegetables you like and the end result will be delicious.
Recipe: Fish and potato oven parcel (serves 1)
2 small potatoes
1/2 tsp creamed coconut
1/2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
Sprinkle of salt and chilli
1 fillet of fish
Vegetables: corn, peas, kale
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6 and prepare equal sheets of baking paper and foil, roughly 20cm x 60cm.
- Wash the potatoes well and slice 0.7cm thick. Place in a pan of water and bring to the boil for 5 minutes and drain.
- In the meantime, melt the creamed coconut in the microwave for 30 seconds, mix with the oil, soy sauce, curry paste, salt and chilli in a bowl.
- Tip the potatoes onto the baking paper and foil. Cover the curry paste mix over the fish and place on top of the potatoes. Sprinkle over the vegetables and bring the edges together to form a parcel.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until everything is fully cooked.
- Leave to rest for a few minutes before opening and be careful of the steam.
Contribute towards more great content
Check out my Instagram for more food!