Hello everyone, I hope your day has been well.
Today is all about sweet potatoes, a favorite carbohydrate of mine. Although there are many different varieties, 9/10 is will taste sweet, hence the name. The subtle, sweet flavour makes them the perfect ingredient for vegetable curries, pies, soups and so much more. Sweet potatoes are a great source of fibre along with a range of other vitamins, such as iron, selenium and calcium but the fibre specifically is known to be beneficial to the immune system. Also, the vitamin C content is apparently raised from cooking. For this recipe, I decided to lightly fry the sweet potato to reduce any moisture on the outer surface and then bake in the oven for a little while so that the seasonings could be infused into the smooth center.
This is a super quick, tasty dish to cook and is a great accompaniment to most meals.
Recipe: Seasoned sweet potato (serves 1)
1 sweet potato, cut into pieces
Oil, for frying
- Heat some oil in a deep pan.
- Start preparing the potato by peeling, chopping and set aside in water.
- Once the oil is hot enough, add all of the sweet potato and fry for 5-7 minutes stirring regularly.
- After the 7 minutes, transfer the potato to a tray with tissue paper on top to soak up the excess oil.
- Remove the tissue paper and sprinkle the potatoes with a little paprika, salt, chilli flakes, cumin and sugar.
- Bake in the oven for up to 10 minutes and serve.
Check out my Instagram for more food!!
Contribute towards more great content 🙂