Hello everyone, Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
This recipe provides a beautiful array of healthy ingredients that will really nourish the body. Not only that but it also tastes good too! The recipe does require a little effort, so probably something you’ll want to make on the weekend for a hearty lunch. I enjoyed making this dish and it kept me feeling full long after eating. Quinoa is a great source of many minerals compared with other grains. It is also a complete protein source which means it contains all of the 9 essential amino acids, this is necessary for the body because protein is the building blocks of tissue in the body.
Another thing to add is that this recipe is gluten free.
Recipe: Quinoa with corn, kale and walnuts (serves 1)
20g walnuts, roasted and crushed
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 small onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Sprinkle of salt and chilli flakes
1 lemon, zested
30g kale, roughly chopped
- Cook the quinoa according to the packet instructions and set aside. In the meantime, roast the walnuts for 5 minutes in the oven on gas mark 5 and leave to cool down before crushing.
- Whilst the quinoa is cooking, start preparing the onion, garlic, lemon, kale and corn.
- Heat the oil in a pan and once hot add the onion, garlic, salt, chilli and zest. Cook for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Add the kale and corn, cooking until the kale has wilted slightly. No more than 5 minutes.
- Stir in the roasted walnuts and cooked quinoa. Cook for a further 3 minutes and serve.
Check out my Instagram for more food!!
Contribute towards more content 🙂