Hi everyone, I hope you’ve all had a great day.
I made this stir fry after work, it was delicious and quick to prepare. Something super healthy, with lots of vegetables and it was easy to make with minimal effort. I actually planned to eat something else completely different for my dinner and it probably wouldn’t have been as healthy so this was a great choice, filled with one of my favourite vegetables broccoli as well as red cabbage, peas, carrot and sweetcorn. A perfect way to include some of your 5 a day in one meal and support your body with a range of vitamins and minerals.
Recipe: Quick stir fry noodles (serves 1)
1 portion egg noodles
Handful of broccoli, cut into smaller florets
50g red cabbage, finely sliced
1/2 carrot stick, grated
2 tbsp sweetcorn
1 tbsp peas
1/4 vegetable stock cube
1 tsp tomato puree
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/3 tsp brown sugar
Sprinkle of chilli flakes
1 tbsp oil, for frying
- Prepare all of the vegetables and set them aside. Bring water to boil in a pot, cook the broccoli for 3 minutes and set aside.
- Next, cook the egg noodles in the same pot according to the packet instructions, for the last 3 minutes add the peas and sweetcorn if frozen. Drain off the water and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the carrot, broccoli and red cabbage giving it a good mix. Boil water in a kettle, pour 100ml into a mug and stir in the vegetable stock cube and tomato puree.
- Add the noodles, sweetcorn and peas to the pan. Pour in the veg stock mixture, soy sauce, sugar and chilli flakes.
- Cover with a lid for 3-5 minutes depending on how soft you want your vegetables to be.
Check out my Instagram for more food!!
Contribute towards more content 🙂