Hello Everyone, I hope your day has been well.
I know it’s not the most flattering picture but honestly it tasted so good and was full of flavour. It can be eaten inside burger baps for a meat free option or simply with a salad for a light lunch. Black beans are such a great nutritious food packed with protein, carbohydrates and fibre. Black beans have a smooth and creamy once cooked and they are a staple food in many countries which is not surprising considering how versatile they are. This recipe was inspired from @naturally.sassy over on Instagram.
Recipe: Black bean burgers (makes 4)
1 large sweet potato
3/4 tin black beans
1/2 small onion, diced
45g plain flour
1/3 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp coriander
Pinch of thyme
Pinch of garlic powder
1/3 tsp chilli flakes
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5. Peel, chop and wash the potato then place onto an oven tray with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes until soft.
- Rinse and drain the black beans, put into a large bowl and roughly mash half and set aside.
- Heat a drop of oil in a frying pan and cook the onions for a few minutes until soft.
- Add the onion to the bowl, along with the spices, sweetcorn and flour.
- Once the potato is cooked, mash completely on the tray and mix into the bowl along with the other ingredients.
- Use your hands to even shape into 4 burgers and place back onto tray. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to keep the shape.
- Put the tray into the oven and cook the burgers for 15-20 minutes depending on how crispy you want them to be.
- Serve once cooked.
Follow my Instagram for more food!
Contribute towards more great content!