Hello Everyone, I hope your day has been well.
I used to bake flapjacks so often when I was much younger as it’s pretty simple to make. It’s actually been a while so I thought I’d switch it up using peanut butter (PB) and raisins for that lovely balance of sweet and salty. I’ve used smooth peanut butter but I feel like crunchy PB would work just as well. This is quite a sweet treat so be sure to eat with moderation, try offering some slices to your friends, family, and work colleagues!
This recipe is full of many great ingredients such as PB, oats and raisins. A great snack idea and full of protein for that extra burst of energy. These flapjacks taste so good and you get all of the flavours with a subtle hint of PB, also try them whilst slightly warm for a comforting dessert along with a scoop of ice cream.
Recipe: Peanut butter and raisin flapjacks (makes 9)
100g soft brown light sugar
75g smooth peanut butter
- Set the oven to gas mark 4, line a small oven tray with baking paper and set aside.
- In a small pot, add the honey, sugar, butter and peanut butter and place on a gentle heat until melted.
- Put the oats and raisins into a large bowl and pour over the melted honey mixture, combining everything together.
- Place into the oven for 25 minutes until golden brown but still slightly soft.
- Wait at least 10 minutes for the flapjacks to cool down, before cutting into 9 bars.
Check out my Instagram for food inspo!
Contribute towards more great content 🙂