Hello everyone, I hope you’re doing well!
Today’s recipe is a great vegetarian recipe that tastes really delicious. I sometimes buy ingredients before I’ve decided what I actually want to make with it, and this was the case with this recipe. I really fancied something filling and nutritious, saw the lentils in the cupboard and started creating a recipe.
You could also add a fillet of fish or chicken pieces instead of the lentils if you don’t want a vegetarian recipe. I ended up adding a fillet of fish at the same time as the cauliflower and potato and it was cooked perfectly, really succulent with lots of flavour.
The ingredients within this curry provide the body with many nutritional benefits, cauliflower is great because it’s low in fat and has a high vitamin C content. Although the white cauliflower is most commonly eaten there is also green, purple and orange varieties each with their own flavours and nutrients. Lentils are fast becoming a favourite of mine, this time I used green lentils which are perfect for adding into curries for an extra boost of plant protein. Lentils are also a good source of B vitamins, which helps to prevent infections in the body and supports energy levels and cell health.
Recipe: Cauliflower, lentil and potato curry (serves 1-2)
1 tsp oil
1 shallot, finely diced
1 tbsp red thai curry paste
1/2 tsp turmeric
35g dried green lentils, soaked overnight
330ml vegetable stock
1/4 cauliflower, chopped
1 small potato, diced
1/2 tsp coconut cream
*serve with a small portion of rice*
- Add oil to the pan and once hot add the diced shallots, cooking until soft, roughly 3-4 minutes.
- After that time, mix in the red thai curry paste, turmeric and lentils.
- Pour over the stock and leave to simmer on a gentle heat for 15 minutes.
- Then add the cauliflower and potato, adding a little more water if necessary.
- Simmer for another 15 minutes until the cauliflower and potato is cooked but still slightly tender.
Check out my Instagram for more food!!
Contribute towards more content 🙂