Hello Everyone, I hope your day has been well.
So, usually whenever I make french toast I would whisk the egg, soak the bread, fry and drizzle with maple syrup. It never occurred to me to add cinnamon or vanilla extract for an upgrade of flavours. Cinnamon is such a warming, sweet spice and really compliments the taste of French Toast. Cinnamon is not an ingredient I use often but works really well in tea, baking and breakfast foods. Vanilla extract on the other hand is an essential baking ingredient that I use all the time, perfect in cakes, cookies, brownies, biscuits and ice cream. Even though it’s something small, experimenting with new ingredients and trying new foods is a great way to expand the palette and get used to a range of flavours.
Recipe: Upgraded French toast (serves 1)
1 tsp oil, for frying
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 tsp cinnamon
2 slices of bread
Drizzle of maple syrup
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- In a bowl, crack 2 eggs and whisk together along with the vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Cut the bread in half and soak each piece in the egg mixture before adding to the pan.
- Fry on each side for 3-4 minutes, depending on how golden you want it to be.
- Take out once fully cooked and drizzle with a little maple syrup. I added a strawberry for decoration.
Check out my Instagram for more food.
Contribute towards more great content.