Hello Everyone, I hope your day has been well and the weather is great for you today. We were having some really nice weather in the UK and sunshine always makes everything better.
Today I am sharing a recipe inspired by @calgaryavansino over on Instagram. I feel like the ingredients are very Mexican inspired and all of the flavours compliment each other so well. It is the perfect vegetarian burger and can be whipped up in no time. It’s nice and easy to make and the sweetness of the potatoes just tastes so good. I actually really like sweet potatoes but I feel like I don’t eat them enough so I was super happy when I found this recipe. I’ve changed it a little to suit me and what I had available at the time but the veggie concept is still there. Another thing I love about the recipe is how easily accessible the topping ingredients are as many of use will have sweetcorn, black beans and peas in the kitchen. You can also change up the quantities, depending on what you like.
Recipe: Baked sweet potato (serves 1)
2 small sweet potatoes, washed and gently scrubbed
Drizzle of oil
Pinch of salt
Handful of sweetcorn
1/4 tin black beans
50g crushed green peas
1 tsp chilli garlic sauce
Pinch of salt
1 tsp lime juice
1/4 diced onion)
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6.
- Rinse and gently scrub the potatoes, place on a oven tray, spray each potato twice with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt. Cover the tray with foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and put back into the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Cook the peas and crush with a fork then mix in the chilli garlic sauce, salt, lime juice and onion. Leave to marinate for a few minutes.
- Bring a small pot of water to a gentle simmer and cook the corn and beans for 5 minutes until cooked through and drain off the liquid.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, carefully slice them in half and top with the corn, black beans and crushed peas, drizzle with a little lemon juice and serve.
Follow my Instagram for more food.
Contribute towards more food!