Hey Everyone, I hope your day has been well.
This is a nice recipe, not to sweet but great for a treat! I love how the light coating of icing sugar adds that extra sweetness and how soft these cookies are. They taste amazing straight from the oven when slightly warm and remind me of brownies but not quite as gooey on the inside. These cookies also look really cool with colour contrast of the super dark cocoa powder against the crinkle effect from the icing sugar. I always love baking and carrying some to work for that midday snack or pick me up.
Recipe: Crinkle cookies (makes 10)
30g cocoa powder
45g soft brown sugar
45g caster sugar
30ml vegetable oil
90g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp icing sugar
- Combine the cocoa powder and sugars together in a large bowl.
- Mix in the oil and egg until smooth.
- Sieve in the flour and baking powder to form a smooth dough, put in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 and line 2 trays with baking powder.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out the dough, roll with your hands to form a ball, flatten and cover with icing sugar then place in the baking tray.
- Repeat, until all of the mixture is used up and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Leave to cool slightly before eating.
Check out my Instagram for more food inspo.
Contribute towards more great content!