Hello Everyone, I hope your day has been well.
So I’m quite new to the world of using coconut flour so this was more of an experiment to see how this recipe would turn out and whether it needed more or less coconut flour. After doing a little research, I know that usually less coconut flour is required when substituting for normal white flour because it is much more heavy and dry in comparison. Once baked though, I feel like the coconut flour gives things a more lighter, airy texture which is okay but I’m certainly more used to a weighted cake. When baking this again, I’d probably use a mixture of ‘normal’ and coconut flour.
Recipe: Apple cake (serves 5)
1 large apple, peeled and thinly sliced
60g brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
85g coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
Icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Prepare the apple and set aside. Mix the butter and sugar together in a large bowl. Add the egg and vanilla extract.
- Then add the coconut flour, baking powder and cinnamon until it forms a smooth batter.
- Gently fold in the apples and pour into the loaf tin.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes until golden brown and fully cooked.
- Leave to cool down completely before dusting with icing sugar.
Follow my Instagram for more food!
Contribute towards more great content 🙂