Hello Everyone, I hope your day has been well.
These cookies are really nice and filling, stuffed full of chia seeds, oats and raisins making them perfect for the mornings. These cookies are thick and chunky, which is why they are so perfect for the mornings if you like to be full in the mornings. I’m so pleased with this recipe, I planned it quickly and it turned out so well. I say this a lot but they are great for carrying to work as a little snack to keep you going throughout the day.
Recipe: Oatmeal and chia seed cookies (makes 8)
65g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
80g soft brown sugar
20g chia seeds
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Set the oven to gas mark 5 and line 1 tray with baking paper.
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
- Next add the vanilla extract and butter.
- Mix with a spoon first then use your hands until it forms a soft dough (it may stick to the hands a little but it’s fine).
- Equally scoop out the dough, role into a ball, flatten and place on the tray.
- Put into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack before eating and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Check out my Instagram for food inspo!
Contribute towards more great content 🙂