Hello Everyone, I hope your day has been well.
I have recently been eating stewed apples in the morning for a light breakfast as it’s quick and simple to prepare and also quite nourishing for the body, early in the morning. It is nice and all but not the most filling so I decided to add a crumble mixture on top to give it a bit more body and help me to feel fuller for longer. This is a great recipe that is fairly quick and can be eaten for breakfast, dessert or even a snack between meals. It’s really tasty as you get the sweetness from the apples and delicious mixture of soft oats and coconut on top.
Recipe: Apple and raisin breakfast cookies (serves 2)
2 apples, peeled and finely sliced
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp cornflour
20g plain flour
20g desiccated coconut
1 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 tbsp butter, melted
- Firstly, preheat the oven to gas mark 5 and take out a small baking dish (I used a loaf tin as I didn’t have anything smaller).
- Prepare the apples and place at the bottom of the oven dish mixing in the raisins, lemon juice and cornflour.
- Melt the butter and in the meantime in a small bowl, mix together the oats, plain flour, desiccated coconut, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. The pour the butter in stirring until is slightly clumps together.
- Add the crumble mixture to the apples evenly and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until slightly golden on top.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes before eating.
Check out my Instagram for more food
Contribute towards more great content 🙂