Hello everyone, I hope your day has been well.
Sometimes the food is too good you don’t even get the chance to take a good picture, I recreated this delicious roasted cauliflower wrap with a side of fries after work thinking it would be something quick to make. It did take a while however the end result was worth it. Everything was homemade and full of so much flavour. Cumin complements cauliflower so well and with the crunchy, diced onion and cucumber wrapped up in a flatbread, you can’t really go wrong. I decided to keep the sweet potato fries simple and sprinkled them with some salt and pepper. I decided to keep the skin on for added fibre but you could always roast the sweet potatoes for a healthier alternative.
Recipe: Roasted cauliflower stuffed in a homemade flatbread with fries (serves 1)
1 sweet potato, cut into sticks Oil for frying
Cauliflower, cut into florets Spray olive oil 1/3 tsp of garlic powder, turmeric, chilli flakes, salt and cumin
Cucumber, chopped small
- Prepare the sweet potato and set aside in a bowl of water.
- Wash and chop the cauliflower and place on an oven tray. Spray a few times with the oil then evenly sprinkle with the spices and roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Whilst the cauliflower is in the oven, prepare the onion and cucumber and set aside.
- Heat some oil a a deep and once hot, fry the potato until fully cooked and leave in the oven to stay warm.
Ingredients for the flatbread
40g plain flour
10g chickpea flour
Pinch of salt
1/4 tsp dried herbs
20-25g warm water
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix, then pour in the water and use your fingers to form a dough. Knead for a few minutes then leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Rub a little oil in a frying pan using kitchen paper.
- Put the pan on a medium heat, roll out the flatbread and put in the frying pan once hot. Cook for 2 minutes on each side then take out and wrap in a kitchen towel.
Follow my Instagram for food inspo!
Contribute towards more great content 🙂
Original Spicy Cauliflower recipe here.