Hello everyone, I hope your day has been well.
Today’s recipe makes the perfect side dish for most meals and can even be eaten as a vegetarian curry alternative. This is also a great recipe to get your extra portions of vegetables in. Please bear with my measurements, as these days I’m cooking as I go along without weighing things out but the ingredients gives you a rough idea of how much I’ve used for one portion. I really liked this cauliflower dish because it was very flavoursome with a slight crunch. For me it’s the cumin that really makes this dish as it goes so well with cauliflower.
Recipe: Seasoned cauliflower and kale (serves 1/2)
1 tsp oil
2 slices red onion, diced
Pinch of salt
Pinch of chilli flakes
Sprinkle of garlic powder
Sprinkle of turmeric
1/2 tsp of cumin
1 tsp tomato puree
Handful cauliflower, chopped into florets
Handful of kale, shredded
- Prepare all the ingredients and set aside, then heat the oil in a dutch pot.
- Once the oil is hot add the onions and leave to cook down for a few minutes.
- Next add the salt, garlic powder, cumin, chilli flakes and turmeric to the onions and stir.
- Add the tomato puree, water, cauliflower and kale, mixing well and leave to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Depending on how soft you want the cauliflower to be, 15 minutes may be enough.
- Once cooked, serve as a side dish or simply enjoy alone.
Follow my Instagram for food inspo!
Contribute towards more great content 🙂