Hello everyone, Thanks for checking my blog out today.
This is a quick meal I rustled up after work. To be honest it does require a bit of effort to prepare but once its in the oven you can relax or get on with other things. I love adding as much vegetables to my meals as possible, especially pasta. As you can tell from the ingredients, I literally just added things here and then so the measurements aren’t that precise but you get the idea, as long as you have enough sauce to cover the filling, it should be fine. Also, it’s nice when you have extra food leftover for the next day’s work lunch or a portion to freeze for next weeks dinner which I’ll be doing. I even added a bit of nutritional yeast for that B12 which helps with DNA production, a healthy nervous system and the creation of red blood cells.
Recipe: Cauliflower, kale and tuna pasta bake (serves 3-4)
2 handfuls of Penne
Pinch of salt
Bunch of kale, sliced
Handful of pea’s
Handful of corn
2 handfuls of cauliflower, chopped
Few slices on red onion, diced
1 tin tuna
Sprinkle of nutritional yeast
50g cheese, grated
1 tbsp tomato puree
- Firstly, bring a pot of water to boil with a little salt and cook the penne according to the packet instructions.
- In the meantime, prepare all of the vegetables and then set aside in a large bowl.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6.
- Once the penne is cooked, add to the large bowl along with the tuna, nutritional yeast, cheese, pasta sauce and tomato puree.
- Combine everything together and place into an oven tray and cover with foil
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes, then take the foil off and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until everything is fully cooked and slightly golden on top.
- Serve with salad, garlic bread or simply enjoy alone.
Check out my Instagram for more food!!
Contribute towards more great content 🙂