Hey Everyone, thanks for stopping by my blog today.
This is a quick post that I’ve updated to give a little twist on my original recipe. I’m trying to incorporate more coconut flour into my baking so here I’ve added 35g of coconut flour to give it more of a nutty taste. It does take some getting used to the flavour so a little goes a long way. Coconut flour is great because it is high in fibre and a good source of protein. I’ve also sprinkled on a few sesame seeds for added calcium and magnesium.
Recipe: Cocoa walnut cookies (makes 10)
55g caster sugar
100g plain flour
35g coconut flour
1 tbsp cocoa powder
40g walnuts, crushed
Sprinkle of sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven and line to trays with baking paper.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Sieve in the flour and cocoa powder, add the walnuts and mix.
- Equally place a tablespoon of the mixture onto the oven trays and sprinkle a few sesame seeds on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, until fully cooked.
- Leave to cool completely before eating.
Follow my Instagram for food inspiration!
Contribute towards more great content 🙂
Original Cocoa Walnut Cookies recipe here.