Hello Everyone, I hope your day has been well.
A quick post today featuring chickpea flour which is a fantastic source of protein, flatbread is also the perfect accompaniment for curries, sauces and anything else you can dip them into. Enjoy this lightly seasoned recipe which elevates your average flatbread.
Recipe: Seasoned flatbread (makes 3)
50g plain flour
50g chickpea flour
Pinch of salt
Pinch of garlic powder
Pinch of paprika
1/2 tsp dried herbs
50ml warm water
1/2 tsp oil
- Place the flours, salt, garlic, paprika and herbs in a bowl and combine.
- Make a well in the middle and slowly pour the water in mixing with your fingers until it forms a dough. Knead the dough for 5 minutes, it may be slightly stiff because of the chickpea flour.
- Leave to rest in a bowl covered for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and divide the dough into 3 equal pieces.
- Roll out each piece into a circle and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until it puffs up slightly, repeat until they are all done and wrap in a tea towel to stay warm.
Please follow my Instagram for food inspiration!
Contribute towards more great content 🙂