Hello Everyone, thanks for stopping by my blog.
Today I have a delicious vegetable curry perfect for all the family. I’ve added a little brown sugar for sweetness, even though it isn’t traditional in a curry it really adds to the flavour. I’ve used dried chickpea’s which have been soaked overnight to aid in better digestion and also help with reducing the cooking time. Although the chickpeas were cooked for just over 25 minutes, they still had a bite to them but delicious nonetheless.
Recipe: Chickpea cauliflower and coconut curry (serves 2-3)
1 tsp oil
3 slices of red onion, diced
150g dried chickpeas, soaked overnight
Pinch of salt
½ tsp cumin
400ml coconut milk
1 tsp tomato puree
100g cauliflower, chopped
100g broccoli, chopped
1 leaf kale, shredded
½ tsp brown sugar
20g cashew nuts, toasted
1/2 tsp sesame seeds
Serve with rice or flatbread
- Prepare all of the ingredients above first. Remember to soak the chickpeas overnight so that they are easier to cook and be absorbed in the stomach. Cut a few slices of onion and then dice, wash and chop the vegetables and then lightly toast the cashew nuts and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and once hot, add the onion cooking for a few minutes. Drain the chickpeas and add to the pan, season the chickpeas with cumin, salt, turmeric and coriander.
- Stir in the coconut milk and tomato puree then cover with a lid on a medium simmer for 15 minutes.
- Next stir in the broccoli, cauliflower, kale and sugar, leave on a gentle simmer for 7-10 minutes depending on how soft you want the vegetables to be.
- Once everything is fully done, sprinkle on the toasted cashew nuts and sesame seeds, then serve and enjoy.
Please follow my Instagram for food inspiration!
Contribute towards more great content 🙂