Hello Everyone, thanks for stopping by my blog today.
Some recipe inspiration for you this evening, a delicious pesto pasta with a side of sweet potato fries and a refreshing salad. It’s a fairly simple dish as the red pesto is shop brought there isn’t really much to prepare. This is a tasty meal to make after a long day of work.
This is a dish that contains many ingredients for your luteal phase such as sweet potatoes, radish, cucumber, walnuts and sesame seeds. For example, the sweet potato will help your body replenish B vitamins and re-boost dopamine and serotonin level, this is particularly helpful if you experience mood swings.
Recipe: Red pesto pasta with sweet potato fries and salad (Serves 1)
1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into fries
Oil for frying
1/2 portion of pasta
1 tbsp red pesto
1 inch cucumber, sliced
3 radish, sliced
1/2 tsp sesame seeds
3 walnuts, chopped
- Prepare all of the ingredients and set aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan to fry the potatoes.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions and once cooked, drain and set aside.
- Once the oil is hot for 6 minutes in total turning occasionally. Once cooked fully, drain on kitchen paper and set aside.
- Mix the red pesto in with the pasta and place back on the heat for 2 minutes to keep warm.
- Place the pasta, sweet potatoes and salad onto the plate and sprinkle sesame seeds and walnuts over the pasta.
Please follow my Instagram for more food!
Contribute towards more great content 🙂