Hello Everyone, I hope your day has been well.
There’s so much going on in this dish, from the colours, flavours and textures, which make it so exciting to cook and eat. Although there are many components to the dish, a lot of it can be prepared in advance and it doesn’t take too long to make overall. The inspiration behind this recipe was to create something comforting and warming, using mainly low-glycemic index foods like kale, onion, peas and wholewheat pasta. As we are moving into the Autumn season, with slightly cooler weather it is so nice to consume meals which are perfect for cozy nights in. This is so tasty and very filling in the most perfect way. For added protein, you can sprinkle in some lentils.
Recipe: (1-2 portions)
1/2 tsp olive oil
1/4 red onion, diced
Pinch of: salt, dried herbs and chilli flakes
1/2 tsp tomato puree
250ml vegetable stock
1 sweet potato, cubed
l kale, roughly chopped
1 large handful, fusilli
2 tbsp frozen peas
2 slices ham, cut into squares
Sprinkle of sesame seeds
Sprinkle of pumpkin seeds, roasted
- Prepare all of the ingredients from the list above and put into separate containers.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and once hot add the onion and cook for a few minutes until soft. Season the onions with roughly a pinch of salt, chilli flakes and dried herbs, then mix in the tomato purée and vegetable stock.
- Cook your fusilli according to the packet instructions, drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, add the cubed sweet potato to the onion mix and leave to simmer for 10-15 minutes until fully cooked.
- Once the pasta is done, add to the pan along with the kale, peas and ham cooking for a final 5 minutes.
- After everything is fully cooked, give it a final stir and sprinkle on the sesame and pumpkin seeds.
Follow my Instagram for food inspo!
Contribute towards more great content 🙂
*This recipe uses low-glycemic foods but doesn’t support dieting.