Hello Everyone, I hope your day has been well.
So I made an apple crumble one Sunday morning and I realised I’ve never shared a recipe on my blog. I don’t make crumbles that often however, I’ve made quite a few apple based dishes in the past. This recipe was perfect for me and my family, not too much apple and a golden crumble topping with the addition of oats for extra crunch. Apple crumble is a great autumn dessert because it’s so warming and apples are in season. Not only that, it’s super versatile and can be eaten alone, with custard, ice cream or clotted cream. Why not make this for your dessert today!
Recipe: Apple crumble (serves 4)
4 apples, wash and peel
1/3 tsp cinnamon powder
125g plain flour
80g brown sugar
110g butter, cubed
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6 and get a medium sized square oven dish.
- Wash and peel the apples, slice thinly and put into the over dish, sprinkling over the cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, oats and sugar together then rub in the butter using your fingers until it resembles large breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle the flour mix over the apples and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Leave to cool down slightly before eating alone, with custard, ice cream or clotted cream.
Visit my Instagram for food inspo!
Contribute towards more content 🙂