Hey Everyone, I hope you’ve have a great day.
I always enjoy cooking bright and colourful foods and this was no disappointment. I really believe we eat with our eyes first because if something looks visually appealing you are more likely to try it. This dish is literally a rainbow of colours and an array of textures so it just makes the eating experience so much more interesting.
I’ve used chicken thigh for this recipe as they tend to have more moisture but any cut will do. This recipe was completely inspired from the stylist website here, I had the site saved in my bookmarks for so many months and finally got round to making it over the weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed this meal, great for family dinners. This recipe serves 4 but adjust accordingly.
Ingredients for chicken skewers
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp maple syrup/honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 500g boneless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- Mix the above ingredients together and leave to marinate for a few hours or overnight.
- Soak the skewers in water for a couple of hours minimum.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6 and equally place the chicken pieces between 4 skewers.
- Cook in the oven for 30-40 minutes until fully cooked.
Ingredients for the rice
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 250g jasmine rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1 lime
- Prepare the above ingredients and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onion cooking until soft for a few minutes.
- Next, add the rice, turmeric and ginger mixing well.
- Pour in 500ml of water and leave on a low-medium simmer for 15 minutes.
- Mix the maple syrup, soy sauce and lime juice, setting aside.
- Once cooked, turn off the heat and mix in the maple mixture covering with the lid to allow the flavours to fully absorb.
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1⁄2 cucumber, julienned
- Lettuce, chopped
- 1 tbsp peanuts, toasted
Portion out the food once everything is cooked and serve with the salad and peanuts.
Contribute towards more great content 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!