Hey everyone, it’s been a while since I’ve posted some baking but here is the best vegan cake recipe I’ve ever tasted. At university we’ve been working on recipes suitable for different dietary groups so here goes…
2 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 cups caster sugar
1 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
1 tsp salt
Hi guys, this week I’ve used a ready prepared cake mix which is definitely unusual for me however I wanted to do/try something different. It also saves so much time and effort especially if you don’t have a lot of free time. It’s really quick and easy anyone can do it regardless of your skills.
75ml cold water
55g butter at room temperature
2 tsp milk
1. Too the cake mix into a bowl and add the eggs and water, stirring until smooth. Pour into a small 6 inch baking tin and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes on gas mark 4.
2. Once baked take out and leave to completely cool down. Tip the frosting into a bowl adding the butter and milk stirring until creamy.
3. Layer the frosting over the cake and sprinkle with white chocolate stars 🌟 🌟
See really easy!! And it’s the perfect kids birthday cake 🎊
There are many different varieties of the double chocolate traybake but here’s what I used.
Hi guys 😀 so this carrot cake I made was for my Uncles birthday, I usually bake things for him when I have free time and I think everyone loves a classic carrot cake.
Makes a large oven tray.
450ml vegetable oil
400g plain flour
2 tap bicarbonate soda
100g caster sugar
350g soft brown sugar
½ tsp salt
2 tap cinnamon
500g grated carrots
100g chopped nuts
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 and line a oven tray with parchment paper.
2. Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl except from the carrots, walnuts and 1 tbsp of flour, mix until smooth. Add the flour to the raisins (to keep them from sinking) then add both the raisins and carrot to the cake mixture.
3. Carefully spoon the mixture into a cake tin and bake for 1 hour and 15 mins. Once baked remove from the oven and leave to cool down completely, this cake will taste so delicious 😋 it is really nice and moist and would go great with custard if you like it!!
I using my new phone to take the pictures so hopefully they look better 😀
I haven’t made a cake for a while so here goes my recipe for a chocolate coffee loaf, it’s definitely something different because I don’t usually bake with coffee nor do I drink it. The flavour of coffee in this loaf is just right however if you like coffee you can add a little more.
150g Caster sugar
150g Plain flour
1½ tsp baking soda
1 heaped tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp hot water
1 tbsp instant coffee
1. Line a load tin with parchment paper and preheat the oven to gas mark 4, cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until pale.
2. Whisk in the eggs one at a time adding a tbsp of flour in between (this stops the mixture from splitting).
3. Then add the rest of the flour along with the baking powder and cocoa powder. Dissolve the coffee in the boiling water then add to the cake mixture.
4. Stir the mixture well then pour into the cake tin and bake for 35-45 minutes until cooked right through.
5. Lastly I just grated some dark chocolate on top and sprinkled on some icing sugar.