Hey everyone, thanks for checking out my blog. Today’s post is a little different from the usual food and baking. I’m sharing a refreshing, fruity cocktail that is perfect for any summer afternoon. Although it is September we are having some warmer days so why not enjoy whilst it lasts. I’m not a big drinker but this was a nice mixture of rum and the sweetness of fruit. It’s also something a little different that’s fun to make. I’ve used black forest fruits but I imagine it would taste just as good with any berries.
Recipe: Berry Rum Cocktail (10 servings)
100ml white rum
Large handful of frozen black forest fruits (blackberries, cherries, grapes and blackcurrants)
5 tbsp caster sugar
- In a jug, mix the sugar and a little water until fully dissolved.
- Blend the berries with enough water until smooth and pour through a fine sieve into the jug.
- Juice 1 lemon, strain, and add to the jug.
- Pour the rum and water into the jug and stir everything together.
- Leave in the fridge to cool and serve chilled.
Follow my Instagram for more food.