Hello everyone, I hope your day has been well. Today’s recipe is something a little different and more on the healthy side. They are slightly dense but not sweet at all and the white chocolate chunks compliment this very well. They also look very pretty and would make for a perfect insta photo.
I will say that I thought of this idea before I actually checked the kitchen for ingredients and as you can see I didn’t have many raspberries left but there was just enough for the top. If you really like raspberries you could add some to the mixture for a more fruity flavour. I even think that these would be great for a healthy midday snack because they aren’t too sweet and are quite filling.
White chocolate & Raspberry Cupcakes (makes 6)
150g plain flour
1/2 tbsp baking powder
50g caster sugar
50g butter – melted
Handful of raspberries
30g white chocolate chunks
Preheat the oven to gas mark 6 and place 6 muffin cases on a baking tray.
Melt the butter and set aside. Put all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix.
Whisk the butter, egg and milk together, add to the flour mixture along with half of the white chocolate chunks and mix well.
Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin cases and sprinkle the raspberries and white chocolate chips on top.
Bake in the oven for 30 minutes then leave to cool on a wire rack before eating.
Hi guys, the last time I tried to make a red velvet cake I was not as successful but these cupcakes are fantastic. When ever decorating with a sweet top I try to make sure the actual cake mixture is not too sweet so when you bite into the cupcake there’s a subtle sweetness from the cream cheese.
On top I’ve added some sugar coloured crystals which looked great in the pictures.
Hey guys, another great chocolate post for you all!! These cupcakes are so cool because you’ve got the candied chocolate on top and in the middle with a super delicious frosting 😋 perfect for birthday celebrations 🎊🎊
Hey everyone, so I had a box of chocolate Oreos in the cupboard for ages because wasn’t quite sure what I wanted to bake with them. Then I just decided on Oreo Cupcakes!! The recipe is super simple and the buttetcream is actually to die for, like it tastes so so good and isn’t too sweet. These cupcakes would definitely go down well for the festive seasonal parties.
200g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
250g caster sugar
2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
80g butter, at room temperature
½ tsp vanilla extract
6 Oreo biscuits
4 Oreo biscuits, smashed up
100g butter at room temperature
250g icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 and place 12 cupcake cases into the cupcake tray holes.
2. In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt then mix well.
3. Next melt the butter and add to a jug with the milk, eggs and vanilla extract, whisk well and slowly pour into the flour mix stirring well until it turns to a smooth consistency.
4. Evenly distribute the cake mixture between the cupcake cases about 2/3’s full. Bake in the oven for 25 mins and leave to cool down fully.
5. Whilst the cupcakes are baking make the buttercream by mixing together all the ingredients and leave in a piping bag.
6. Once baked and completely cool pipe the buttercream onto the cupcakes equally then twist the Oreo biscuits in half and place each half on top of a cupcake.
All done, now you can relax and enjoy the cupcakes!!