Hello Everyone, I hope your day has been well.
I’m a real believer of health is wealth, because it’s so important that we look after ourselves, make time for the things we enjoy and ensure that we are in good health. The main factors we’d think of first are diet, lifestyle, work, relationships, friends and family but it’s also about taking time to be present and enjoy being in the moment. Make sure that you surround yourself with good people, you look forward to your job and you prioritise eating a range of healthy foods that you enjoy 🙂
If you’ve got any aches, pains or simply haven’t been feeling well for a while, book in with your Doctor or see a specialist who might be able to help. I know it may be easier said than done, it’s one thing saying something and another thing to actually go and do it but when it comes to your health, it’s so important to put yourself first.
Something as simple as being mindful can make such a big difference to our lives. When life gets hectic, take a moment to be mindful.
Try this exercise:
- Sit alone and set a 5 minute timer
- Take 3 deep breaths inhaling and exhaling fully.
- Focusing on your breath,
- When you loose concentration, bring yourself back to the present moment. Notice how your body feels, the air around you, your stomach moving in and out.
Just a little reminder to take care of yourself ❤️
Check out my Instagram for food inspo!
Contribute towards more content 🙂
I’ve spent a few hours this morning alone in my own thoughts which was really nice. I feel like recently I’ve been making myself feel so busy and not fully taking the time for myself to just be. Although I do spend time on meditation, yoga, working out and reading, I haven’t allowed time for my mind to just wonder, reflect and be present because I’m constantly thinking what’s next.
Also, here on ablovesfood.com I have spent so much time dedicating my posts to food and I really miss the self growth and inspirational posts. I’ll definitely be committing myself to freewriting more as we can all be connected through many different things.
In life we can have so many distractions and we just forget to enjoy life and remember the true meaning/purpose for why we started something. I think I felt like in order for my blog to grow, I had to commit to only writing about cooking and baking but I’m also on a journey in life which includes many other things that I would like to incorporate into this space. Anyway, my morning has been so peaceful and relaxing but I think it’s time I got up and started my day.
Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday x
Hello everyone, thanks for stopping by my blog. I’ve finally finished posting all of my vegetarian meals and today is necessary for a bit of self help so here goes…
Sometimes life just passes us by before we realise weeks, months or years have gone by without us actually checking in with ourselves to make sure we are okay.
A few self help tips below
- Use positive words when you talk about yourself
- Say positive affirmations daily
- Get a good nights sleep
- Take a midday nap
- Fill your body with healthy nutritious foods
- Sit in silence and listen to your thoughts
I always like hearing what people do to take care of themselves and hopefully I’ve provided you with a good list if things to choose from.
Check out my soundcloud for self help
Hello everyone, thanks for stopping by my blog today.
In these uncertain times, it is likely that everyone has felt a sense of anxiousness throughout the recent weeks. Whether you are working from home, social distancing or a key worker, it’s a good idea to just let yourself feel and be in the moment (but try not to stay down for too long). Even if you have always been an anxious person remember, every day is different and it’s always useful to try new things. I think anxiety is something that will pop up at different stages of our lives however, learning different coping mechanisms may help you to keep it under control and ignore the negative voice in our head. Also, when we wake up each morning, we have the chance to start again and live a new day.
Try my simple tips below to hopefully ease your anxious thoughts:
- Read a book: fiction or non fiction, just read something and get captivated by each page.
- Go for a walk: it can be down the road or to the park and spend a little time in nature.
- Journal your thoughts: all you need is a pen and paper to write down how you are feeling, you might even look back on it and be surprised with how you were feeling. Its also a great tool for reflecting and seeing how far you have come.
- Listen to music: sing the lyrics out loud to your favourite artist or turn up the volume to a relaxing genre.
- Have a little cry: sometimes we just need to let all of the emotions out.
Comment below how you soothe your anxiety.
Check out my Soundcloud for self help.
It’s been a short while ☺ but I’m back!!
Self confidence is something that develops over time and it may appear quicker in some than others. But don’t worry we’ll all reach a stage in our life when we feel completely confident in ourselves and we just accept (not settle) our bodies, personality, life etc…
Everyone experiences days where we second guess ourselves and feel as though we are not able to complete a task but it’s the struggles in life that lead us to the fantastic person we become. Everyone’s path is different so never compare yourself ♥
Here are some few tips to instantly help you feel more confident:
1. Focus on yourself
2. Don’t worry about embarrassment or failure
3. Step out of your comfort zone (no matter how scared you are)
4. Always forgive yourself, don’t put yourself down about bad/negative mistakes forgive yourself and move on
5. Believe that you are the best
Lastly follow your dreams and never give up x