Hello everyone, I hope your day has been well.
Today I am posting one of my favourite meals for breakfast. This meal is very filling and perfect for a chilled morning when you are not in a rush because after eating you can just chill, relax and let the food settle. I often make this for myself on the weekend when I have more time in the mornings. This can be made in any order but I’ve left my method below. Also, anyone else mix their egg before frying? It’s a thing I’ve always done since I was young.
The eggs are a great source of vitamins and minerals. Wholemeal bread contains fibre and helps with digestion. Generally, baked beans tend to be quite sweet and salty but the actual bean itself is known for being a plant based source of protein. The easiest way to make this meal healthier is to use a non stick pan to avoid extra oil.
What are your favourite breakfast meals?
Recipe: Toast, egg, beans and plantain (serves 1)
Oil for frying
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
2 slices of brown bread
Butter, for spreading
100g baked beans
- Heat some oil in a frying pan.
- Then I like to peel and finely slice the plantain into circles.
- Once the pan is hot enough start adding the plantain and cook on each side for a few minutes until golden brown. Once cooked, place onto a plate with kitchen paper to soak off the excess oil.
- Crack the egg into a bowl and whisk gently with a fork then add a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Put the bread to toast and heat the beans in a pot.
- Fry the egg on a low heat on both sides until cooked right through.
- Once everything is cooked, put onto your plate and enjoy!
Check out my Instagram for more food!