A slight fib, I actually used Cadbury’s chocolate spread but they’re pretty much the same thing. I got this fantastic recipe from a book I read a few years ago called ‘Meet Me at the Cupcake Cafe’ by Jenny Colgan it’s a great inspiring and motivating book that I would recommend if you love baking and maybe like the idea of starting your own business one day.
225g self raising flour
2 tsp baking powder
100g caster sugar
½ tsp bicarbonate soda (dissolved in 1 tsp of hot water)
2 tbsp golden syrup
6 tsp nutella
1. Set the oven to gas mark 5 and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Rub in the butter, sugar, bicarb and Nutella to form a dough.
3. Next roll into small balls and place on the tray, pressing down in the centre with your thumb.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes, they will still be soft but take them out to cool down.
These cookies are really nice, quite sweet because of the sugar and chocolate but also chewy. The Nutella Cookies are a great after dinner snack for children!!
Now that the summer holidays are finally here (for most of us) here are a few activities to enjoy. Even though any people will be off on their holidays, working hard or visiting family don’t forget;
1. Have a clear out: you have probably accumulated so much rubbish the past months that a clear out is in order, throw away those old papers, magazines, make up and clothes that you are no longer using.
2. Read a book: literally any book that will make you smile, laugh or cry. Relax whilst you do and enjoy the time.
3. Meditate: even when you’ve got a lot going on just set aside at least 5 minutes every day to do some meditation and connect with the inner you.
4. Talk to people: conversing online doesn’t count 😛 make the effort to meet up with your siblings or old/new friends and have real good meaningful conversation.
5. Set some goals: they can literally be anything even if you don’t achieve them all just complete that one goal to improve your life or help you grow.
6. Watch interesting documentaries: it’s so easy to get caught up in all the random videos on YouTube but take a step back and try to watch something that can inspire or educate you.
Don’t let yourself be bored this summer make the most of it, there are so many more things to include, if you’ve got anymore ideas….comment below
Thanks for reading