Hi everyone, I hope your week has been good so far!
I just thought I would share a quick, healthy salad recipe if ever you are short of time. I often eat salads alongside my meals to make sure I’m eating a balanced diet and it is always important to reduce the amount of fat, salt and sugar and this salad has none.
2 lettuce leaves
1/2 a carrot
Pinch of chilli powder
Pinch of salt
Wash and prepare all of you salads and place in a serving bowl.
Hi guys 😀 so this carrot cake I made was for my Uncles birthday, I usually bake things for him when I have free time and I think everyone loves a classic carrot cake.
Makes a large oven tray.
450ml vegetable oil
400g plain flour
2 tap bicarbonate soda
100g caster sugar
350g soft brown sugar
½ tsp salt
2 tap cinnamon
500g grated carrots
100g chopped nuts
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 and line a oven tray with parchment paper.
2. Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl except from the carrots, walnuts and 1 tbsp of flour, mix until smooth. Add the flour to the raisins (to keep them from sinking) then add both the raisins and carrot to the cake mixture.
3. Carefully spoon the mixture into a cake tin and bake for 1 hour and 15 mins. Once baked remove from the oven and leave to cool down completely, this cake will taste so delicious 😋 it is really nice and moist and would go great with custard if you like it!!
I using my new phone to take the pictures so hopefully they look better 😀
A little on the healthy side with the addition of carrots and makes lovely moist cupcakes.
175g light sugar
200g self raising flour
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
2 tsp mixed spices
Zest and juice of 1 orange
150ml sunflower oil
1. Set the oven to gas mark 4 and prepare 12 cupcake cases into a muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl mix the sugar, flour, bicarbonate, mixed spices and zest together. Next in a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, oil and orange juice then stir into the dry ingredients adding the grated carrot last.
3. Evenly divide the mixture between the cupcake cases and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
A super nice, quick and easy recipe, this would also taste great topped with a cream cheese frosting!!!