Hello Everyone, I hope your day has been well.
Today’s recipe was such a delightful meal that I will definitely be cooking again, I might need to shuffle the quantity of ingredients around but aside from that it was a truly enjoyable meal. Very filling and delicious, with a range of flavours that all the family will enjoy. I did have some chickpeas leftover, which I will be using for another recipe soon, so stay tuned for that.
Again, it’s quite a rough list of ingredients but many of these foods are added to promote a healthy luteal phase during your cycle. Foods that are high in calcium, magnesium and B vitamins to help reduce mood swings. The salami could always be substituted for beef, turkey or a meat alternative of your choice. I’ve always loved cooking, but since reading ‘In The Flo’ I have found myself really looking forward to mealtimes, especially at the weekends where I can plan all of my meals and spend enough time preparing them. It has been a lot of fun creating a range of dishes based on specific ingredients and I also like that it isn’t restrictive and you can make even a few simple changes to start syncing with your cycle.
*remember to prepare all of your ingredients before hand*
Recipe: Spaghetti with garlic salami, chickpeas and kale (Serves 1/2)
Small portion of spaghetti
1/2 tsp oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Large handful of chickpeas, soaked overnight
1/3 tsp cumin
1/3 tsp paprika
1/3 tsp garlic powder
200ml vegetable stock
1/4 tsp cornflour
40g mini cured salami sausages, sliced
3 walnuts, roughly chopped
1 tsp sesame seeds
- Heat oil in a deep pan, add the garlic, cook for 2 minutes and then add the drain chickpeas.
- Season the chickpeas with cumin, paprika and garlic powder, mix and then pour in the stock. Cover with a lid and leave simmering on a gentle heat for 20 minutes until almost cooked.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain and set aside.
- Add the kale and salami to the chickpeas and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Put the pasta on a plate, then add a hearty portion of the garlic chickpea mix and sprinkle the sesame seeds and crushed walnuts on top.
Follow my Instagram for more food!
Contribute towards more great content 🙂