Chocolate cake always used to be my favourite dessert as a kid, I remember eating it at school with my school lunches. Yummy!! This cake is so moist and rich yet not too sweet and covered with chocolate buttons :)
100g icing sugar
1 bag of chocolate buttons
1. Set the oven to gas mark 4 and line a round cake tin with parchment paper.
2. Sieve the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into a large bowl.
3. Next add the butter, sugar and vanilla extract. Then in a cup whisk the 3 eggs with 2 tbsp of cold water and add to the bowl.
4. Beat well with a wooden spoon or with a hand held whisk until smooth.
5. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 35- 45 minutes.
6. In the meantime carefully combine the butter and icing sugar together until creamy and set aside. Once the cake is baked take out and leave to cool down completely.
7. Evenly spread a layer of buttercream over the cake and place the chocolate buttons on top starting from the middle.
Finished! Now you can enjoy.