Hello Everyone, I hope your day has been well.
I love switching up my breakfasts every now and then and pancakes is something I’ll always experiment with because they are so versatile. I have to admit this isn’t the healthiest choice but it surely is delicious. This is a twist on the classic American fluffy pancakes for a little more spice and flavour. Coconut and cinnamon taste really good together and these pancakes are great for breakfast or dessert depending on your preference. I have drizzled a little maple syrup and sprinkle on some desiccated coconut for serving.
Recipe: Coconut and cinnamon pancakes (makes 4)
66g self raising flour
1/3 baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp caster sugar
8g melted butter
66ml coconut milk
1/2 tsp oil
Drizzle of maple syrup
Sprinkle of desiccated coconut
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a large bowl and mix in the caster sugar.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg, butter and coconut together until well combined.
- Gently whisk the liquid mixture into the flour mixture until smooth and then leave to rest for 20 minutes. Resting the pancake batter allows the gluten to relax and the grain to swell so that when you finally cook it, the pancakes will be more fluffy and light.
- Use kitchen paper to rub oil over a frying pan and place on a medium heat to get hot.
- Once the pan is hot add 3 tablespoons of the batter into the pan, cooking for 3 minutes on each side until lightly golden and fully cooked.
- Repeat until all of the batter in done and leave on a plate covered to stay warm.
- Once done, drizzle with a little maple syrup and sprinkle over some desiccated coconut.
Please check out my Instagram for more food!!
Contribute towards more great content 🙂