Hello Everyone, I hope your day has been well.
This is probably the third stir fry recipe I’m posting and it gets better every time. It can be quite hard to replicate a dish when you’re not following a specific recipe but a stir fry is great because as long as you use specific ingredients like ginger, garlic, wok oil and soy sauce, it should taste good. I used to love following recipes completely from beginning to end but I’m much more relaxed now and I really enjoy adding/taking away ingredients depending on my preferences.
Another reason why I love a stir fry is because you can add so much vegetables which count towards your 5 a day. I made this stir fry after work in a bit of a rush so I opted for dried garlic and ginger but you could always use them fresh which provides a more mellow taste.
Recipe: Quick veggie stir fry (serves 1)
Egg noodles (1 portion)
Handful of corn
1 tsp sesame wok oil
Handful of broccoli
100ml vegetable stock
Handful of kale
1/3 carrot, cut into sticks
1 spring onion, finely sliced
1 tbsp soy sauce
Pinch of brown sugar, salt, chilli flakes, garlic powder and ginger
- Cook the egg noodles according to the packet and set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in a deep pan, once hot, add the broccoli and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the stock, kale and carrot to the pan, mix well.
- Then mix in the spring onion, soy sauce, sugar, salt, chilli, garlic and ginger. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn the heat off, mix in the noodles and keep covered for a couple of minutes before serving.
Follow my Instagram for more food content 🙂
Contribute towards more great content!!