Hello Everyone, I hope your day has been well.
I’m a real believer of health is wealth, because it’s so important that we look after ourselves, make time for the things we enjoy and ensure that we are in good health. The main factors we’d think of first are diet, lifestyle, work, relationships, friends and family but it’s also about taking time to be present and enjoy being in the moment. Make sure that you surround yourself with good people, you look forward to your job and you prioritise eating a range of healthy foods that you enjoy 🙂
If you’ve got any aches, pains or simply haven’t been feeling well for a while, book in with your Doctor or see a specialist who might be able to help. I know it may be easier said than done, it’s one thing saying something and another thing to actually go and do it but when it comes to your health, it’s so important to put yourself first.
Something as simple as being mindful can make such a big difference to our lives. When life gets hectic, take a moment to be mindful.
Try this exercise:
- Sit alone and set a 5 minute timer
- Take 3 deep breaths inhaling and exhaling fully.
- Focusing on your breath,
- When you loose concentration, bring yourself back to the present moment. Notice how your body feels, the air around you, your stomach moving in and out.
Just a little reminder to take care of yourself ❤️
Check out my Instagram for food inspo!
Contribute towards more content 🙂
Hello everyone, thanks for stopping by my blog. I’ve finally finished posting all of my vegetarian meals and today is necessary for a bit of self help so here goes…
Sometimes life just passes us by before we realise weeks, months or years have gone by without us actually checking in with ourselves to make sure we are okay.
A few self help tips below
- Use positive words when you talk about yourself
- Say positive affirmations daily
- Get a good nights sleep
- Take a midday nap
- Fill your body with healthy nutritious foods
- Sit in silence and listen to your thoughts
I always like hearing what people do to take care of themselves and hopefully I’ve provided you with a good list if things to choose from.
Check out my soundcloud for self help
Hello everyone, thanks for stopping by my blog today.
In these uncertain times, it is likely that everyone has felt a sense of anxiousness throughout the recent weeks. Whether you are working from home, social distancing or a key worker, it’s a good idea to just let yourself feel and be in the moment (but try not to stay down for too long). Even if you have always been an anxious person remember, every day is different and it’s always useful to try new things. I think anxiety is something that will pop up at different stages of our lives however, learning different coping mechanisms may help you to keep it under control and ignore the negative voice in our head. Also, when we wake up each morning, we have the chance to start again and live a new day.
Try my simple tips below to hopefully ease your anxious thoughts:
- Read a book: fiction or non fiction, just read something and get captivated by each page.
- Go for a walk: it can be down the road or to the park and spend a little time in nature.
- Journal your thoughts: all you need is a pen and paper to write down how you are feeling, you might even look back on it and be surprised with how you were feeling. Its also a great tool for reflecting and seeing how far you have come.
- Listen to music: sing the lyrics out loud to your favourite artist or turn up the volume to a relaxing genre.
- Have a little cry: sometimes we just need to let all of the emotions out.
Comment below how you soothe your anxiety.
Check out my Soundcloud for self help.
Hi everyone, these following tips will help to strengthen your digestive system and boost your immune system which is definitely ideal for this super cold wintery season.
1. Drink warm lemon water in the morning and throughout the day because it will help to flush out the toxins. Add cinnamon or cayenne pepper for added flavour.
2. Try dry skin brushing to support your lymphatic system (the bodies sewage system)
– use a dry brush before you have a wash
– always brush towards the heart
– begin at the feet and work your way upwards brushing in circular motions
– using circular motions over the stomach respects the direction of digestion and encourages detoxification
– afterwards have a bath or shower
3. Drinking herbal tea 🍵 (without sugar) be sure to let the tea steep for at least 5 minutes then consume hot or cold
Some teas to try:
– nettle or chamomile for inflammation
– senna, flaxseed or aloe Vera for constipation
– burdock or red clover to cleanse the blood
– milk thistle or dandelion for liver support
It’s so great to have a detox schedule that is natural and beneficial to the body, do it 4 times per year for each season to help boost the immune system 😀👍
Hi everyone 🙂 so this is more of an introductory post to my beauty interests that I thought I’d share with you, I’ll try to do a review/favourites post each week to give an idea on what I use and where to get them from!!
Okay for just over a year I’ve been using mostly organic/natural products, this includes items like: makeup, nail varnish, toothpaste, soap, deodorant, hair stuff etc I watched a video by Heather White (which I’ve previously mentioned in a post) which basically changed my opinions on the products I use.
I can’t lie sometimes I feel like I spend a ridiculous amount of money on makeup and I just want to go to a regular drug store and buy something much more affordable but I hope my body appreciates it and I just want to put only the best on my skin.
‘Always remember that your skin is the largest organ on your body and it absorbs EVERYTHING’
There are certain chemicals (ingredients) that I would definitely recommend to avoid because they will have negative effects on your body when overly used, probably not some crazy noticeable however you do hear about bad reactions to hair dye and make up in the newspaper.
Try to avoid:
– fragrance or parfum
– PEG and polyethylene
– DMDM hydantoin
– imidazolidinyl urea
Fragrance can contain 100s of chemicals and trigger allergic reactions, whilst the others can have harmful contaminants.
On a lighter note, I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and thank you for reading 😀