Hello everyone! I hope your day is going well. Today’s recipe is a pizza base, I recently upload a cauliflower pizza base recipe but I much prefer this one. I enjoy eating pizza and it is definitely one of my favourite foods to make for dinner. I haven’t really focused on the toppings for this recipe so you can add whatever you like.
Pizza Base recipe (makes 2 trays)
500g plain flour
7g dried yeast
1/2 tsp salt
300ml warm water
2 tbsp oil
Cheddar cheese – grated
Cauliflower – cut into small chunks
First to make the pizza base, put all of the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. Then add the oil to the water and pour into the flour mix, using your fingers to make the dough.
Once you have made a dough knead it for 5-10 minutes on a clean surface, rub with a little oil and put back into the bowl covered with clingfilm or a tea cloth. Leave until it doubles in size (roughly 1 hour).
Just before the hour is up preheat the oven to gas mark 5 and lightly oil to baking trays to prevent the pizza from sticking.
Next, separate the dough in two and roll out to fit the shape and size of your baking tray.
Add the sauce and your chosen toppings to the pizza base place in the oven and bake for roughly 20-25 minutes until the dough is cooked.
Hi guys, I’ve recently been working on healthy, nutritious meals which are also fillings and the first one is a pasta salad, I know the ingredients are quite random but I promise it tastes delicious 😋
75g wholemeal pasta
1 small sweet potato peeled and cut into cubes
5 Brussels sprouts cut in half
1 small carrot grated
1 spring onion sliced
1/2 yellow pepper sliced
3 tbsp oil
20g ricotta cheese
1. Prepare the vegetables first then put on a pan of water for the pasta. In a bowl mix the sprouts, potato and yellow peppers with 3 tbsp of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Next, place on a tray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until soft.
2. Once the pan starts to boil, cook the pasta then drain off the liquid and place in a bowl, mix in the carrot and spring onion.
3. Take the tray from the oven and add to the pasta mixture, gently stirring.
4. Lastly sprinkle on the ricotta cheese and enjoy!!
I know there isn’t any sauce with this but it honestly tastes great alone, the sweet potato and brussel sprouts really complement each other and overall the dish is a WINNER!! I love how basic but tasty this meal is and the ingredients are minimal. It’s easy to prepare and you can just double the ingredients if you are cooking for more people.
So this is kind of like a revamp of my previous post “paprika chicken” but it tastes and looks 10x better 😂, You can get that recipe HERE. Believe it or not the ingredients are basically the same with the addition of more vegetables!!
Hey guys, Jamaican ginger cake is one of my favourite cakes aside from chocolate 😋 I found this recipe online and I just had to bake it and share it with you guys. There’s a lot of sugar in the recipe from the soft dark sugar, golden syrup and treacle but it doesn’t taste overly sweet. It was also really runny so I did wonder how the gingerbread would turn out and here is the result…
Makes: 1 loaf tin
175g plain flour, sifted
1 tbsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
2 tbsp milk or milk alternative
75g black treacle
75g golden syrup
75g dark brown soft sugar
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 and line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl mix, sift the flour and spices then separately mix the bicarbonate soda with milk and set aside.
3. Then, into a saucepan measure the treacle, syrup, sugar and butter with 75ml of water. Heat gently until everything is thoroughly melted.
4. Next add the syrup mixture to the flour and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until smooth. Beat in the egg and add the bicarbonate soda and milk.
5. Mix well and pour into the prepared baking tin, place in the oven and bake for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes before taking out.
1. In a large bowl mix the paprika, paydays, puree and oil with the crushed garlic. Add the chicken breast and thigh to the bowl mixing well (add and salt and pepper), then leave to marinate at least 1 hour before cooking.
2. Prepare all of the vegetables and roughly chopped the parsley. Place the chicken on a tray and cook in the oven for 35-45 minutes, until cooked right through and slightly golden.
3. Heat oil in a pan and cook for 5 minutes until soft then add the cabbage, cook for 8 minutes but still should be crunchy. Also add the sweetcorn.
4. Put the couscous in a heat proof bowl and add boiling water, leave until all the liquid is absorbed and stir in the parsley.
5. Finally, the chicken should be cooked, place each piece on a separate plate and half the cabbage onto each plate along with the couscous!!