Hello everyone, I hope you’ve had a good day today. Today’s recipe is kebabs, I was seeing them on a lot of foods videos so I thought why not make them. I think the origin of kebab skewers are mostly from the Middle East (with other varieties around the world) and a lot of the recipes I found for inspiration were full of flavour and spices.
I had quite high hopes for these kebabs but when I was making them it was slightly stressful because I was cooking other things at the same time and when I was squashing the meat onto the skewers it was almost falling off but it all turned out okay in the end.
Minced Beef Kebab Recipe (makes 6)
500g minced beef
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp chilli
1 tsp basil
Oil – for frying
- Place the meat into a large bowl and sprinkle in all of the seasonings, then use your hands to combine everything together and leave to marinate for a few hours.
- Soak 6 six skewers in water.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and then equally divide the meat into 6 and squash each piece around a skewer.
- Place into the hot pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Preheat the oven to gas mark 5.
- Once there is colour on the kebab, put it on a tray and into the oven for 10 minutes.
Let me know your favourite kebab recipe below!
Follow my Instagram for more food