Hey everyone, I hope your day has been well.
This year has been very eventful and its finally coming to an end, but not before we celebrate Christmas and the New Year. Although December is a time of food, drinks, and general indulgence, it is important not to over do it.
Here are some tips to staying (somewhat) healthy:
- Stick to a daily workout, something you enjoy and will look forward to.
- Cut out the added sugar in your drinks.
- Don’t feel forced to eat everything you are offered
- Eat more vegetables and salads in your meals to avoid snacking throughout the day.
- Opt for low sugar, salt and fat varieties.
I’ve really enjoy posting recipes again on WordPress and it’s been a great challenge for me to keep consistent and remain creative in the kitchen. Thanks to all of my new followers 🙂
I probably won’t be posting on here until the New Year, so I’ll see you in 2021!!
Please follow my Instagram for more food.
A quick read!
I thought I would post to highlight this time we are currently living in. There is a lot of injustice going on all around the world towards Black people and it really is time for a change. It’s so upsetting to know that these murder’s are still going on right before our eyes and there is almost nothing that can be done to stop it. When you research Black history, (you often see a lot of negative things) but there has been so so many positive, amazing achievements that we are never taught in school. Not much has really changed in terms of racism it’s just all over social media. It is important to remember that this is not a normal thing to do, a person should not be targeted just because of the colour of their their skin.
Please don’t be ignorant towards racism, do your research, educate yourself and start having conversations with all races.
Thanks for taking the time to read my post x
Hello everyone, thanks for stopping by my blog. I’ve finally finished posting all of my vegetarian meals and today is necessary for a bit of self help so here goes…
Sometimes life just passes us by before we realise weeks, months or years have gone by without us actually checking in with ourselves to make sure we are okay.
A few self help tips below
- Use positive words when you talk about yourself
- Say positive affirmations daily
- Get a good nights sleep
- Take a midday nap
- Fill your body with healthy nutritious foods
- Sit in silence and listen to your thoughts
I always like hearing what people do to take care of themselves and hopefully I’ve provided you with a good list if things to choose from.
Check out my soundcloud for self help
Hello everyone, thanks for stopping by my blog today.
In these uncertain times, it is likely that everyone has felt a sense of anxiousness throughout the recent weeks. Whether you are working from home, social distancing or a key worker, it’s a good idea to just let yourself feel and be in the moment (but try not to stay down for too long). Even if you have always been an anxious person remember, every day is different and it’s always useful to try new things. I think anxiety is something that will pop up at different stages of our lives however, learning different coping mechanisms may help you to keep it under control and ignore the negative voice in our head. Also, when we wake up each morning, we have the chance to start again and live a new day.
Try my simple tips below to hopefully ease your anxious thoughts:
- Read a book: fiction or non fiction, just read something and get captivated by each page.
- Go for a walk: it can be down the road or to the park and spend a little time in nature.
- Journal your thoughts: all you need is a pen and paper to write down how you are feeling, you might even look back on it and be surprised with how you were feeling. Its also a great tool for reflecting and seeing how far you have come.
- Listen to music: sing the lyrics out loud to your favourite artist or turn up the volume to a relaxing genre.
- Have a little cry: sometimes we just need to let all of the emotions out.
Comment below how you soothe your anxiety.
Check out my Soundcloud for self help.
Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well (mentally, physically, spiritualy and emotionally) and making the most of this time spent at home, even if you do something small. I’ve been sticking to a new morning routine for the past month or so, some of which I would usually do after work that I thought I’d share. I would like to say that at the beginning I was quite strict with myself and I felt the need to stick to a particular routine but I’m much more relaxed now and if I don’t feel to do something, I won’t do it. I think it’s important to be kind to yourself and not overwork your body for whatever reasons.
I did do a morning routine post not long ago but I’ve changed things around a little as I’m not waking up as early and I’ve adjusted to this new way of living. I try to complete this list before 12pm or by 1pm at the latest but it just gives my body/me a sense of routine as I’m not able to fully work from home. It’s good to keep the mind stimulated and not fall into a low mindset of uncertainty, I’ve also tried to reduce my consumption of the news from the TV, radio or people because its often quite negative and can put me in a more worrying state of mind.
My morning routine
– Mini prayer
– Relax – using sound healing audio
– Read – currently The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
– Playing the recorder
– Learning French on Rosetta Stone
– Professional/personal development – using LinkedIn Learning
How do you spend your mornings these days?
My old morning routine
Check out my Soundcloud for self help.