Hi everyone, I hope your day has been good!! Today’s post is not a recipe but another example of what you could eat with saltfish and cabbage. I recently posted my Cabbage and Saltfish recipe that I ate with fried dumplings but it goes just as well with white rice and sweetcorn. Click here for the recipe!
Hello everyone and thanks for clicking on my blog, I hope your Sunday is going well. So far today I having done my usual morning routine (see previous post) and I’ve just been relaxing. Today I’m sharing the main meals that I eat in a day. Usually, I don’t make a habit of eating loads in the morning although it’s known to be the most important meal of the day, I prefer something small. Lunch is usually something light or quick and dinner is probably the meal I most look forward too.
Breakfast: 1 cup of water, 1 brioche and a homemade smoothie using 1 orange 1 apple and a handful of mixed berries
Lunch: 1 cup of water and 6 crackers with peanut butter
Dinner: Fried dumplin, chapatis, veg, corncob and fish
This is what I ate for my main meals and there were a few snacks too like the Cool Dorritos and Skittles. I didn’t quite manage my 5 fruits and veg but I hope this is a bit of inspo for when you plan your next meals. I have read something that stated lunch should be the bigger meal to give the food more time to be digested before you go to sleep and the body rests which does actually make sense but I do what works for me and try not to eat dinner too late.
Let me know in the comments what your favourite mealtime is, mine is dinner.
1. In a large bowl mix the paprika, paydays, puree and oil with the crushed garlic. Add the chicken breast and thigh to the bowl mixing well (add and salt and pepper), then leave to marinate at least 1 hour before cooking.
2. Prepare all of the vegetables and roughly chopped the parsley. Place the chicken on a tray and cook in the oven for 35-45 minutes, until cooked right through and slightly golden.
3. Heat oil in a pan and cook for 5 minutes until soft then add the cabbage, cook for 8 minutes but still should be crunchy. Also add the sweetcorn.
4. Put the couscous in a heat proof bowl and add boiling water, leave until all the liquid is absorbed and stir in the parsley.
5. Finally, the chicken should be cooked, place each piece on a separate plate and half the cabbage onto each plate along with the couscous!!
Ready steady cook was one of my favourite shows to watch when I would come home from school. I always used to think it was so cool and creative how they would make such delicious looking meals with a random bunch of ingredients.
I decided to make something simple and most of these ingredients you’ll probably have in your kitchen (or could easily be replaced)
Once the pork is almost cooked put on the spaghetti and sugar snaps and you dinner is almost ready 🙂
This was such a wonderful meal for the family however I wasn’t that keen on the sugar snaps but I still ate them.
What would you make with these ingredients? Comment below…