So today I have a quote from the book ‘Holy Shift’ it’s one of those meditation books that have a quote for you to read every day. I haven’t read it in a while but I looked through the other day and saw this quote:
When your peace is threatened or disturbed in any way, say to yourself:
I do not know what anything, including this, means. And so I do not know how to respond to it. And I will not use my own past learning as the light to guide me now.
By this refusal to attempt to teach yourself what you do not know, mother Guide Whom God has given you will speak to you.
He will take His rightful place in your awareness the instant you abandon it, and offer it to Him.
I really love the words used in this paragraph and also the meaning is quite beautiful as a way to live my life ♥ ♥
Now that the summer holidays are finally here (for most of us) here are a few activities to enjoy. Even though any people will be off on their holidays, working hard or visiting family don’t forget;
1. Have a clear out: you have probably accumulated so much rubbish the past months that a clear out is in order, throw away those old papers, magazines, make up and clothes that you are no longer using.
2. Read a book: literally any book that will make you smile, laugh or cry. Relax whilst you do and enjoy the time.
3. Meditate: even when you’ve got a lot going on just set aside at least 5 minutes every day to do some meditation and connect with the inner you.
4. Talk to people: conversing online doesn’t count 😛 make the effort to meet up with your siblings or old/new friends and have real good meaningful conversation.
5. Set some goals: they can literally be anything even if you don’t achieve them all just complete that one goal to improve your life or help you grow.
6. Watch interesting documentaries: it’s so easy to get caught up in all the random videos on YouTube but take a step back and try to watch something that can inspire or educate you.
Don’t let yourself be bored this summer make the most of it, there are so many more things to include, if you’ve got anymore ideas….comment below
Sometimes the thought of meditation can seem a bit hmmph! You might be feeling like ‘is meditation even for me?’ Well meditation is for anyone and everyone with amazing benefits that your body will thank you for.
1. Be smart about the time of day you choose to meditate for example in the morning when you initially wake up it is usually quiet, your mind is refreshed and momentarily in a peaceful state.
2. Kindly put your thoughts aside and re-center yourself if ever you feel like your mind is wondering. It is very normal for many thoughts to enter your brain, simply acknowledge them but don’t let them take over.
3. Read books, spend time with vibrant people and enjoy natures wonders, stimulate your mind with positivity so that you are aware of your consciousness.