Hello and welcome back to my blog. I hope everyone is okay and being productive with their time.
I recently went vegetarian for the first time in my life for 30 days and it was…. different! It was something that I had wanted to do from a few years ago and I was occasionally eating vegetarian meals and reducing my meat consumption and I just decided to go for it. In this post I’ll share with you how I successfully ate vegetarian meals for 30 days.
Top 5 steps for going vegetarian or changing your diet:
1. Plan, plan, plan. By this I mean to plan everything you will need in order for it to be successful. I did my research and looked through magazine recipes, recipe books and online for inspiration. I also made a list of all of the vegetables that I liked eating so that I could create my own recipes.
2. Write recipes and weekly meals. Get a notebook and plan 30+ recipes including all the ingredients needed and a step by step method so you know what to do.
3. Shopping list. At the start of each week, plan which 7 meals you are going to eat and do a shop for those items.
4. Get others involved. I live at home with my family so I was able to get my sister involved in helping me make the meals and actually taste it too, which made the whole process more fun.
5. Enjoy it. This step is all about embracing the change and sticking to your goal. Although I didn’t enjoy every meal I didn’t give up because it was something that I set out to do and it was all a part of the experience.
I would like to say that I my background is based on food, I decided to take a more practical route once I left secondary school and I studied Professional Cookery because at that time my dream was to become a cook and at a younger age, have my own food show on TV. Some time after that I decided to study Nutrition and I got my degree not long ago, my current job is in a different field but my passion for food, nutrition and good health throughout the body still remains.
Please comment below your favourite vegetarian meal so that I can try them out or any tips you have for changing your diet.
Thank you for reading, see you in the next post xx
Follow my Instagram for more food.